Welcome to the Cotswolds
The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty includes some of the most beautiful countryside in England and is a wonderful place to visit and explore at any time of year. Visit the Cotswolds for a truly peaceful and relaxing holiday - get away from the crowds and explore the quieter tracks, hidden villages and secret corners.
- 4.5 hours
- 8.5 miles
- Box on the A4 East of Bath
- Blue Vein Layby (off Longsplatt), Kingsdown,
Largely on National Trails this circular walk is on high ground from Kingsdown via the Wraxhalls, Cumberwell Park, Little Ashley and Monkton Farleigh. Please bring a picnic lunch. Drinks/snacks available at King's Arms in Monkton Farleigh. Not suitable for pushchairs.
- 5 hours
- 10 miles
- SE of Stow-on-the-Wold
- Bledington Church
A chance to see East Gloucestershire and West Oxfordshire. From Bledington to Kingham and Churchill then take the D'Arcy Dalton and Oxfordshire Ways and pass through Bruern Abbey. Please bring a packed lunch.
- 2.75 hours
- 5 miles
- Between Gloucester and Cirencester
- Highwayman Inn. Off the A417 about 4 miles S of the 'Air Baloon'. Access via slip roads signed for Winstone.
A walk through the woods of Misarden Park taking in Caudle Green and Miserden. Some steep ascents.
- 5.5 hours
- 11.5 miles
- Chipping Norton
- Churchill, near the church.
Walk past the homes of some of the rich and famous.
- 4.5 hours
- 9 miles
- Just south of Moreton-in-Marsh on A429
- Fosseway Garden Centre Car Park, Moreton-in-Marsh. Please park furthest away from shop entrance
Walking north first we visit the Batsford estate then turn south to go through Bourton-on-the-Hill and Longborough, returning via the Monarch's Way. Please bring packed lunch . Refreshments available in garden centre at the end.
- 3 hours
- 5 miles
- Between Bath & Chippenham overlooking the By-Brook valley
- Fox & Hounds, Colerne
A walk around the various footpaths of Colerne Parish. Lunch available at the Fox and Hounds. Bring a mid morning munchie. Parking at the pub or adjacent Constitutional Club. Not suitable for Pushchairs.