Welcome to the Cotswolds
The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty includes some of the most beautiful countryside in England and is a wonderful place to visit and explore at any time of year. Visit the Cotswolds for a truly peaceful and relaxing holiday - get away from the crowds and explore the quieter tracks, hidden villages and secret corners.
- 4.5 hours
- 8.5 miles
- Bathford on the No 13 bus route from Bath
- Opposite the Crown, Bathford Hill Bathford.
From Bathford the walk proceeds along the ByBrook to Shockerwick and Middlehill before climbing via Ditteridge to, Colerne. Return via part of the Fosse way. Please bring a picnic lunch.pub drinks available at Colerne. Not suitable for pushchairs.
- 2.75 hours
- 6 miles
- Bibury. NE of Cirencester
- Bibury Church. (Park considerately on the roadside by the river)
A gentle walk from Bibury along the riverside to Coln St Aldwyn and back via Coneygar Woods. Not suitable for pushchairs.
- 3 hours
- 5 miles
- Between Bath & Chippenham overlooking the By-Brook valley
- Fox & Hounds, Colerne
A walk around the various footpaths of Colerne Parish. Lunch available at the Fox and Hounds. Bring a mid morning munchie. Parking at the pub or adjacent Constitutional Club. Not suitable for Pushchairs.
- 3.5 hours
- 6 miles
- Chedworth (N Of Fosse Way & SW of Northleach)
- Chedworth Farm Shop; Denfurlong Farm GL54 4NQ
A circular walk through Chedworth village and Chedworth Woods, passing the Roman Villa and returning to the farm shop and café. Includes some minor roads, some rough ground, and one very steep climb.
- 2.75 hours
- 5.5 miles
- East of Moreton-in-Marsh
- Little Compton, Red Lion. Please park considerately in the village.
An opportunity to enjoy sections of the Donnington Way and sample some Donnington pubs that it links. From Little Compton to Cornwell and back via Chastleton, with the bonus of passing three manor houses. Pub lunch available at end.
- 5.5 hours
- 10 miles
- Whittington Village Green, oppsoite the telephone box. Please park considerately in village
Join us on a journey around some of our lost and isolated places in the Cotswolds as we consider the advantages and disadvantages of both. Please bring a packed lunch.