Out and about from Chipping Campden
The following is a suggested 3-day itinerary for a short break based in Chipping Campden. It is designed so that each day a different part of the Cotswolds can be explored using public transport - a combination of rail and bus.
DAY 1: Explore the Cotswold Hills
- Take the bus - service 21/22 - towards Moreton-in-Marsh
- Stop off in Blockley or visit Batsford Arboretum
- Then explore Moreton
- Return to Chipping Campden on the same bus service
DAY 2: A day on the Cotswold Way
- Enjoy a walk along part of the glorious Cotswold Way National Trail. This 102 mile walk starts from Chipping Campden and stretches along the escarpment down to Bath. Walk over Dovers Hill, towards Broadway Tower where there are superb views across 16 counties.
- Drop down into Broadway for a well deserved refreshment.
- Take the bus - service 21/22 back to Broadway.
DAY 3: A day in Shakespeare country and the north Cotswolds
- Take the bus - service 21/22 to Stratford upon Avon
- Explore the birthplace of William Shakespeare by joining a walking tour of the town, hop on a sightseeing bus or take a boat trip on the River Avon.
- Take the bus - service 23 - to Ilmington and Shipston on Stour - an attractive market town where its medieval roots are clearly seen in the architecture of many of its buildings. The name Shipston comes from the Old English for Sheep Wash Town.
- Take the return journey back to Chipping Campden